- Expositions work
every day, except Monday and Tuesday, from 9 a. m. till 5 p.
- Adress Muziejaus
street 31, LT- 5610, Telsiai
- Phones 70160,
- Samogitian "Alka"
association of old amateurs
established the museum in Telsiai in 1932.
- In 1936-1938 there was built the
museum house for municipalities' funds and funds of local
inhabitants as well as countrymen that lived
in foreign countries. P. Genys was a public worker, local
ethnographer, poet and the first manager of the museum. He was
deserwed well of founding and enriching this museum. In 1994-1998
there was built the wing of museum. Repair of museum's old
building was finished in 2002.
- Today this Samogitian museum is
famous, have more than 60 000 exhibits, rich of exhibits'
- Collections of archaeology,
ethnography, numizmatics, printed matters, manuscripts,
- photoes, folk art, professional art,
nature and other.
- The separate part of museum is
Samogitian country's museum in the open air that is on
- the south-west coast of Mastis lake.